CS/EE 5750/6750 Handout #11
HOMEWORK #9: ATACS
This homework is due electronically by midnight on Friday,
April 14th, 2000.
In this assignment, you will learn how to use the ATACS tool
for logic synthesis.
- Go to following web address and download all listed files:
www.async.elen.utah.edu/ ~ myers/book/tool/
- Be sure to put the atacs.exe files and dll's in the same
- Create a new project called tutorial in VeriBest and add the vhdl
files included on this website. Simulate the design. Be sure to add
nondeterminism.vhd and handshake.vhd.
- Select Tools ® Customize menu entry.
- In the new window, select the Tools tab.
- Select Add and enter the following:
- Menu Text: ATACS-SI
- Command: browse to find atacs.exe and select it.
- Arguments: -ya -sv @RootBase @CurrFileBase
- Initial Directory: @HDLDir
- Select Redirect Output and click OK.
- Right click on ShopAP and select Open.
- Select Tools ® ATACS-SI.
- You should see output at bottom of screen ending with
a statement that it generated VHDL.
- Select Project ® Add to Project
® Add Design File.
- Browse to vbproj/tutorial/design_definition/hdl/vhdl where
you should find a file ShopAPS.vhd, and select it. Select copy
and ignore the error that files are the same.
- Right click on ShopAP and select Properties,
click on the Settings tab and click on the pulldown menu to
find the file ShopAPS, and select it.
- You should now, see a + next to ShopAP. Expand it and you
will see a number of files that are missing. They have names like
n3p2. Use the Add Design File command to add them.
- Simulate your structural design, and
email: firstname.lastname@example.org your file ShopAPS.vhd.
- CS/EE 6750 and extra credit for CS/EE 5750
Assume that you are only allowed 2-input gates. This design requires
two 3-input gates initially. Using the attached state graph, find
an insertion point for the signals y and z which leads to a
design using only 2-input gates.
Email: email@example.com your new ShopAP.vhd file.
File translated from TEX by TTH, version 2.22.
On 8 Apr 2000, 21:55.